A while back one of our enterprise Sitecore clients* called in a panic because they could not access the Sitecore desktop. Somehow the English language item had gotten deleted overnight. We told them about the dbbrowser page where they were able to undo the damage. I realized not every Sitecore developer knows all of these so compiled a quick list of handy “secret” admin URLs for Sitecore. When I need one, I need it in a hurry so thought I’d just make a list.
- Kick users page: /sitecore/shell/Applications/login/users/Kick.aspx
- DB Browser (when you can’t get to the content editor) /sitecore/admin/dbbrowser.aspx
- Show Config /sitecore/admin/showconfig.aspx
- Unlock Admin /sitecore/admin/unlock_admin.aspx
- Cache /sitecore/admin/cache.aspx
- Upgrade/Package wizard /sitecore/admin/updateinstallationwizard.aspx
- Log Viewer /sitecore/shell/applications/reports/logviewer.aspx
I’ll update as I compile more. Drop me a note if you know of one I missed.
*Obviously can’t name the client but they are part of one of the top three most prestigious Universities in the United States.